Garden Hours: (mid-July through mid-September) 8:00am to 4:00pm
We kindly encourage you to visit Mast Young Plants and experience our beautiful display and research gardens. Here you will find a living catalog of all the varieties we produce. As one of the industry's leading young plant providers, we take pride in our research of the newest and best genetics. Over 25 breeder companies are represented on our grounds, comprising nearly 100 genera and over 1000 varieties. MYP has raised sun and shade beds, as well as over 400 combination planters, urns, and hanging baskets, wonderfully showcasing our plants in the landscape for inspiration and ideas. With a vast array of ornamentals, edibles, herbs, vines, perennials and grasses, we make extra sure that all of our plants are clearly labeled for your ease of photography. We look forward to having you!
- New! This year, for the first time in over 80 years, All-American Selections (AAS) will be including vegetative material in their trials! Mast Young Plants has been chosen to be one of twelve trial sites to receive the vegetative material for this first year. Varieties will include Ageratum and Interspecific Impatiens. In the traditional seed categories of Edibles and Ornamentals, we will be featuring 28 edible entries and associated comparisons, including tomatoes, peppers, melons, onions, just to name a few; as well as petunias, salvia, vinca and more in the ornamental trials.
- New! We will be featuring some previous AAS winners in containers leading down to the AAS garden. All AAS winners have gone through rigorous testing across the United States and scored high by a panel of 65+ horticulturally trained judges, so you can be sure that any AAS winner will be a great performer!.
- New! We will be installing a native perennials butterfly garden near our AAS garden. This will be a great place to familiarize yourself with some of our gorgeous native plants, test your photography skills on the butterflies, or just relax and enjoy the view.
- Last year was our first in-ground vegetative comparison trial. This year we will be doing it again... with dahlias! We will be featuring around 200 varieties for you to enjoy and photograph. The trial will be blind for voting purposes, but a key to the varieties and a report featuring the top-performing and most-voted-on will be available at the end of the season.
- Knowledgeable staff on hand to answer questions.
- Shaded sitting / meeting space available with wireless internet.
- No appointment is necessary to visit the gardens, but you can always contact us for a guided garden tour.
- Lunch is available daily from noon to 1pm.