Mast Young Plants
3525 Bristol Ave NW
Garden Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. The Trial Garden is open from mid-July through mid-September.
Mast Young Plants Trial Gardens is an essential stop on your tour of Michigan's gardens. Our trial garden is a living catalog of all we produce at Mast Young Plants, including material from over fifteen breeding companies comprising nearly 100 genera and over 1000 varieties. View our entire young plant line in a landscaped setting in our raised sun and shade beds, where plants are clearly labeled for easy photography and identification, and get ideas for your combinations from our vast array of combination pots, urns and hanging baskets (over 400 in all).
• New! This year Mast Young Plants will be introducing a first-year flowering perennial assortment and a collection of vining plants that will be on display in our garden.
• New! In-ground vegetative trials. For our first year conducting this trial we will be featuring over 450 vegetative petunia varieties from 15 different breeders in a blind comparison trial. Come and vote for your favorites!
• All-America Selections trial ground including bedding plant and vegetable trials. This year's bedding plant trials includes 6 entries and 13 comparisons in dianthus, Hibiscus moscheutos, New Guinea impatiens, ornamental peppers, osteospermum and petunia. The vegetable trial will highlight 21 entry varieties and 46 comparisons including pole beans, peppers, okra, pak choi, cucumber, tomato and many more.
• New! Terrace leading down to the AAS garden that features past AAS winners in a landscaped setting.
• Knowledgeable staff on hand to answer questions.
• Shaded sitting / meeting space available with wireless internet.
• No appointment is necessary to visit the gardens or you can contact us for a guided tour.
• Lunch is available daily from noon to 1pm.